SHARE LANG PO
PAG PATAY ANG UNIT
PERO DITECT PA SA PC
HOWTO - FIX deadboot / no recovery / no fastboot / formatted while in QPST mode..
PLACEHOLDER... done with tutorial, screenshots to follow....
If this doc gets deleted or if I get banned, you can find my works in tipidcp.com (tcp).
1. Deadboot flare but still gets detected in device manager (unknown device or in COM PORTS)
2. USB cable
3. JB / ICS drivers
4. Laptop / PC runnning Windows. I've tested this using Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 32bit SP1.
5. Qualcomm Product Support Tools. Ive tested this using version 2.7 build 399
6. Jelly Bean BP Firmware
7. Jelly Bean img dump
8. Common sense
Download links -
QPST 2.7 build 399 - Yongitechz_kreationz
JB drivers - Yongitechz_kreationz
ICS drivers - Yongitechz_kreationz
Jelly Bean BP Firmware - Yongitechz_kreationz (you can also use the one posted in the group)
Jelly Bean img dump - you can use the one posted in the group (boot.img, recovery.img, system.img, userdata.img, cache.img)
Steps How to Fix - (still finishing documentation with screenshots, I
reformatted my laptop and need to find updated MS Office......)
3 things to do -
a. Install QPST
b. Install drivers
c. Run QPST and reprogram EMMC
1. Extract QPST-2.7.399.rar. Run SETUP.EXE
2. Run SETUP.EXE, press INSTALL when it prmpt to insall additional Visual C runtime libraries. Follow the defaults, press NEXT until it is finished with the install.
1. Connect deadboot flare to PC / Laptop.
2. Go to device manager, expand PORTS (COM & LPT). Check if there is
an item called Qualcomm HSUSB QDLOADER 9008. If the item is there, you
are done with driver install. If it does not exist, proceed to step3.
3. If there is no item under PORTS (COM & LPT), check device manager under OTHER DEVICES > Unknown Device
4. Double click UNKNOWN DEVICE > UPDATE DRIVER > BROWSE MY
COMPUTER > browse to the folder where you saved extracted the ICS /
JB drivers. It will install the driver, if it prompts for unsigned
drivers, press INSTALL ANYWAY.
5. It should now be listed under COM PORTS > Qualcomm HSUSB QDLOADER 9008.
Run QPST and reprogram EMMC (this is where the magic begins)
If you are on Win7, make sure you run it under compatibility XP Sp3 and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
1. Run EMMC SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD.
2. Press BROWSE, it will detect your phone. Look for the PHONE TAB that says DOWNLOAD. Press OK.
3. Put check mark on PROGRAM BOOTLOADERS, PROGRAM MMC DEVICE, TRUSTED.
4. Under FLASH PROGRAMMER FILENAME, enter MPRG8X25.hex
5. Under BOOT IMAGE, enter 8X25_msimage.mbn
6. Press LOAD XML DEF > navigate to your extracted JB firmware > select rawprogram0 > press OPEN.
7. Press LOAD PATCH DEF > navigate to your extracted JB firmware > select patch0 > press OPEN
8. PRESS DOWNLOAD
9. An warning message may appear, TIME OUT WAITING etc etc or COOKIE NOT
RECEIVED. If the error is TIME OUT WAITING, press OK and then press
SWITCH DEVICE TO DLOAD. Check the flare, it will show RESET FOR ENTRY
10. Exit EMMC SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD. Proceed to flash Jelly Bean BP Firmware and then flash Jelly Bean img dump.
11. IF ERROR IS COOKIE NOT RECEIVED, sorry it is still bricked.
This will also fix CWM formatted boot partitions. No need for the ENTRY QPST FIX I posted months ago.
If you like my work, you can always send donation via LBC. This inspires me to continue developing for the Flare.
YAN PO TESTED
TUT for JB Update :
Complete Tutorial (Flare ICS to JB)
Do this at your own Risk (This procedure works 100% on my device)
Requirements:Win XP 32bit or Win 7 32bit and 64bit (all tools set to Win Xp Sp3 Compatibility & Run as Admin)
RoadKill’s Disk Image
Download This Complete Req.
Chapter 1: ICS BACKUP
1.1. Backup your ICS using Roadkill.
1.1.1. Turn off your Flare, then press Volume down and power button at
the same time. once you see the “ENTRY QPST DOWNLOAD”, open roadkill and
click on Store Image Tab, select the disk with 3.61GB, click browse and
select the location where you want your backup to be saved, and click
start. Once finish proceed to next step.
Chapter 2: WRITING
2.1. Write your IMEI1, IMEI2, Wi-Fi Mac, and Serial Number (S/N) in a piece of tissue paper. XD
2.1.1. To do that, turn on your Wi-Fi, and go to Settings > About
Phone > Status. If some are missing just dial *#0000# in dial pad.
2.2. Extract all the filesyou downloaded. Make sure you remember the location of the file.
Chapter 3: JELLYBEAN INSTALLATION
3.1. Backup NVRam
3.1.1. Run EMMC_DownLoad_V1.2.3.exe ,(Check Download Boot Loader for 1st run)
3.1.2. Turn device ON (make sure USB Debugging is enable)
3.1.3. Connect phone thru microUSB cable (Note: Make sure there are no
other USB Modem or phone connected to your computer except for Flare)
3.1.4 Click BackUp_NV.
3.1.5. Wait until back up is successful.
3.2. Download BP Firmware (“ENTRY QPST DOWNLOAD” Mode)
3.2.1. Run EMMC_DownLoad_V1.2.3.exe. Click SELPATH select “BP Firmware” Folder.
3.2.2. Connect phone thru a microUSB cable. Check Device Manager for Com Port #.
3.2.3 Look for "Qualcomm HS-Usb Diagnostics 9006" type the Comport # in EMMC Download Box. Click Download.
3.2.4. Wait until download is successful (Usually it takes 6-12sec).
Remove battery. (Do not Close EMMC Download. then proceed to next Step )
3.3. Download AP Firmware (Fastboot Mode) or (Green Screen Mode)
3.3.1. Run QUALFAST2.0.5.exe. Click SELPATH, select AP firmware (“Stock JB Rom” Folder),Check Format Card &Userdata
3.3.2. Press Power button and Volume Up simultaneously. (Fastboot Mode) "Green Screen"
3.3.3. Click OK to start download then connect phone thru a microUSB cable.
3.3.4. Wait until download is successful. Remove battery.
3.4. Restore NVRam Backup
3.4.1. Run EMMC_DownLoad_V1.2.3.exe.
3.4.2. Turn device ON. (make sure USB Debugging is enable)
3.4.3. Click Restore_NV. Browse and select bak.qcn file. Connect phone thru microUSB cable.
3.4.4. Wait until qcn restore is successful. (your IMEI 2 is Null
&Wifi Mac Address is set to default. you need to write it again)
Chapter 4:IMEI 2 & Wi-Fi MAC Address Writing
4.1. IMEI 2 &Wifi Mac address Writing
4.1.1. Turn device ON (make sure USB Debugging is enable)
4.1.2. Locate your modem com port number (Go to Device Manager
>Right-click “Tianyu HS-USB Android Modem 9025”> Properties >
Advanced Tab > Advanced Port Settings > COM Port # (Ex. 10))
4.1.3. Open Qualcomm_Modem_Tools_V1.1.2.exe and type com port #
4.1.4. Write all your backup code, then click Write button. (In my case I
have re-entered my IMEI1, IMEI2, S/N (Serial Number), Wi-Fi MAC)
Note: Every after successful entry of IMEI, the phone automatically restarts.
F. Restart Device. Wait until it boot perfectly
Chapter 5: Flash the BuglessFlashable via Recovery Stock JB ROM (already rooted)
5.1. You know already how to do that.
Credits to all sources..!!!
Sa mga nahihirapan mag install ng Tianyu Modem driver for Windows 7 64bit OS.Warning!!!
Follow at your own risk, Wag ninyo akong sisihin kung hindi magwowork sa PC niyo ito...
Tested on my Laptop with Win7 64bit and successfully updated my FLARES
to Jellybean following Alkanes tutorials.Gawin niyo lang ito if hindi
niyo talaga ma install ang drivers.
Reboot your computer/laptop
May lalabas na "Choose advance options for: Windows 7
Boot or Choose "Disable driver signature enforcement"
Once na load na windows niyo
Manually Install the drivers
Video link how to manually install the drivers.Yongitechz_kreationz (Note: nasa Normal windows booting ako ng nag record nito kaya nag error nung ininstall ko)
Once na install na drivers don't reboot your PC/Laptop, proceed with the updating to Jellybean.
Enjoy your Jellybean
ITO PO ANG GUIDE:
AT ITO PO NGA MGA FILE
ITO PO SA JB ROM:
Tanx 4 viewing!!!!